View Survey Results
In 2021, the Ponemon Institute revealed that 21% of ransomware attacks in the healthcare industry originated from medical and IoT devices. However, the collateral damage caused by these attacks remained unclear. Until now.
Download this survey report to get clarity into previously unanswered healthcare security questions, such as:
- What actions need to be taken to protect IoT/IoMT devices?
- Who is truly responsible for securing devices in hospitals?
- How much has been invested in medical device security?
- What is the real volume and frequency of attacks on hospitals?
Survey Results Include:
- 88% of hospital data breaches involve IoT devices
- 76% of ransomware-attacked hospitals were attacked 3+ times
- 47% of hospitals pay the ransom when victimized by ransomware
- 43% have experienced at least one ransomware attack
- 24% of hospitals saw mortality rates rise after a cyberattack
The information in this report was collected jointly by the Ponemon Institute and Cynerio and is based on data provided by 517 healthcare experts in leadership positions at hospitals and healthcare systems throughout the United States.